Have I mentioned I love dairy? I do. I also love wheat. Eating those things, in moderation, with a side of dried fruit and an elderflower cocktail, makes me feel happy. Here are twenty other things that bring me joy, in no particular order:
- My husband. Obviously. I’m so relieved we found each other.
- My friends. I wish there was a way to be married and be single with my girlfriends. I miss getting ready to go out.
- The organic 1% milk at Costco. That stuff is nuts. It tastes like cream.
- Our house. We’re renting. It’s got a killer view of the hills.
- Bird life. Who knew? I was brushing my teeth one day shortly after moving here, when I saw turkeys walking down the street in the reflection. There were turkeys behind me. Turkeys. Also, California Quail are hilarious!
- Letterpress and other fine stationary. So pretty! Let’s write more letters!
- Midcentury modern style. But not too much of it.
- The New York Times at the bottom of the driveway on Sunday.
- Laughing about a project at work. I’m so happy when we can all laugh. Seriously, let’s laugh more.
- Cocktails. I was not into cocktails until my father-in-law taught me the joys of a gin and tonic at the end of the day.
Here I’d like to acknowledge that most lists are top 10 lists. But I’m doubling that with a second list! Because I’m a pretty happy person.
- My nieces. They remind me why I’m a feminist. They also make me feel all soft inside.
- My friends’ kids. They’re mostly all babies or toddlers and they’re so squishy and sweet.
- Memoirs. Especially by women who make a living being funny.
- Aquafit. The only exercise that has actually made the muscles in my arms just a little bit more visible.
- Our lemon tree. Fresh lemons whenever we want them! Related to #10 above.
- My family’s good health. Obviously.
- Eating just the right amount of fiber. It feels so right.
- Rain. Especially the tumultuous, tempestuous kind. We’re not getting much in California these days.
- When my garden grows. I love the poppies, which are weeds, but still.
- Fresh linens. I’m into clean.
Bonus: Figuring out just enough HTML to get the social media widget in the right sidebar to work. Yes!
Another thing that makes me happy? Blog community! And homemade granola. Please consider following my blog if you enjoyed this post.
Inspired by the daily prompt.